Big thank you to Brixton Jaxx for nominating me for this award. It means a lot that we can read each other’s stories, learn from one another and feel not so alone.
The idea behind the Liebster Award is so that bloggers who perhaps don’t have a massive following can gain recognition and readership. Every blogger puts their heart into every post they write, but not all of us get recognition for that (not everyone seeks recognition, but it is a nice feeling)
Here are the rules…
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award logo.
2. Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
3. Nominate 11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award.
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the bloggers know of their nomination!
- What inspires you the most when writing/blogging? The world around me, events in the news, events in my own life. I write what I know, I tend not to go outside of what I know because I think my thoughts are most provoking when they are from my own experiences.
- Quote your favourite book. This is really hard because I love books. If I had to choose it would be Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe: “I bet you could sometimes find all the mysteries of the universe in someone’s hand.”
- If you could travel anywhere, free of charge, where would it be? Canada or Australia.
- In your opinion, how does travelling differ from vacationing? I think that vacationing is a set location (e.g. hotel with a water park) When I think travel I think adventure, excitement, not knowing what’s coming next.
- 80s rock or 60s motown? 80s rock, I love it, and also honestly not too sure what 60s motown is.
- Would you rather have a body full of tattoos or piercings? Tattoos definitely.
- What are your long term goals for your blog? My long term goal for this blog is to look back at my posts in the future and to be able to see how far I’ve come as a person. Sometimes when I’m having a bad day I can look at older posts and see how much I’ve improved within myself, I’d like that to continue.
- What inspired you to start your blog? I started my blog because I needed a safe space to voice what I was feeling throughout my transition. It’s the place where I feel that I can be honest. Through reading other people’s blogs it also made me feel that I wasn’t alone in what I was going through.
- Pet of choice… canine, feline or other? Dog.
- With previous answer in mind, if your pet had a picture on a dating site, what would it be? My dog’s profile picture would be a person sticking their head through the holes of one of those strong man cutouts that are sometimes by the beach (because she’s a Yorkshire Terrier that thinks she’s a German Shepard)
- If you could live forever, would you? No, I think the fact we have one life that has an expiry date makes us appreciate the world/people around us.
Here are my nominations for the Liebster award…
- What is your favourite part of being in the LGBTQ+ community?
- Are you religious?
- If no, why not/what holds you back?
- What is your favourite film and why?
- Do you have a certain artist you listen to when writing/blogging? Who?
- What made you start your blog?
- What words/quote most inspires you?
- Did you enjoy your education (highschool, university etc)?
- What is your dream job?
- What is your favourite quality about yourself?
- What is your favourite quality in somebody else?
This is a great opportunity to read other’s thoughts and to be heard. Happy writing!